Thursday, September 27, 2007

US Open

So a few weeks ago I did have the chance to go to the US Open in New York. My pictures aren't so great (I'm not the best photographer). Our seats were actually on the very last row of the stadium, but surprisingly I felt like I could watch the match fine and enjoy it thoroughly. We saw the two men's semifinal matches: Roger Federer (1) def. Nikolay Davydenko (4), 7-5, 6-1, 7-5 Novak Djokovic (3) def. David Ferrer (15), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 I wouldn't have minded Federer's match going to one more set. It would have been nice to watch him play more.
That's roger. No, not on the court. He's over by his chair getting out another tennis racket. It really was great to see him play. At one point I recall sitting in my chair getting a little sad. I all of a sudden realized that I was there, in person, watching an AMAZING player who I had a BIG FAT crush on and he was NOT going to call me!!! I wasn't going to see him after the match. No smile, no side hug, no high five, no NOTHING. So as I sat there, and this was sinking in, I realized just how unhealthy my crush was. I needed to invest this energy into someone real. Like someone I see in real life (and talk to). So I decided to start working on that. I'll let you know how it goes. (not much to share now)
I just want to say that it was GREAT to see the Fed play live. He's so good! I spent the day with two fantastic gals and it was just a beautiful day! Roger's great, but I think I'm over him now. But I will always support him in his game. :)

4 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

AWEsome...I'm glad you were able to do that. Congrats on your getting over Roger.

Likely said...

Such a great opportunity. I love how you just go and do cool things. I wish I wasn't so apprehensive.

Real life crushes are always more fulfilling. Keep us posted.

trentathon said...

i feel a ny road trip coming on..

Amanda said...

AWESOME!!!

yay for hott tennis players!
:)