Monday, September 24, 2007

Violation

It's almost 9am. I am at work. I usually don't eat much this early but I like having some tea in the morning. Last week I made the HUGE error of leaving my mug in the kitchen while I was dealing with a client. This morning I hoped I would find it in the kitchen, be able to wash and sanitize it, and then still use it. As I walked in the kitchen there was an interesting man there. Not one from my program but an overnight program that uses the kitchen in the morning. I said hello and started searching for my mug. I looked on the mug shelf-nope. I looked in the draining board-nope. I looked on the dishes shelf-nope. I looked on the counters- NOPE. Saddened I turned around to go back to my office when I saw that scary man had my mug!!! He had it filled with some horrible looking liquid. I think I just stopped and frowned, not sure of how to deal with my disappointment. Actually I was horrified. He can have the mug.

7 comments:

Allison said...

that is like my worst nightmare. i love my mugs. i would feel the same, violated. but, maybe he has never had a pretty mug before....no, i just can't give him the benefit of the doubt. i hope it wasn't your most favorite mug of all time.

Anonymous said...

You should do what they do in some cafés, attatch a chain to it and at the end a huge wooden thing that says "return me" or in your case maybe "you will regret it.." I'm sure you could leave your mug in the kitchen without having to worry about it. A heavy metal chain.. Preparedness is key.

The Thomas Family said...

Sorry... that's kinda disappointing and funny. I like Lena's idea.

T said...

What kind of tea?????

Chris

Likely said...

Comedy!

Total violation. Send that scenario into the Office. Can't you see it on there?

Linda said...

I'm an herb tea drinker chris--relax!

LOVE lena AND her ideas!!

and it is a total office scenario!!

Lady Bills said...

linda what about helping this guy to build his very own mug collection? you could make it a fun adventure to see how many ugly mugs you can find and leave behind so that he can take them. then you could build him a shelf so he can display them... but what am i talking about... buildind shelves and such... silly me... they make glass cases for that kind of crap.