Tuesday, May 29, 2007

So much to add.... Part I

So much has been happening!!! Life is good. really good. I have now graduated with my Masters in Social Work from Boston College. I am very excited!! Graduation was May 21st. That weekend my dear brother David drove to Boston with his wife Tiffany and son Max. We have a lot of fun when we get together. I thought it would be a good idea to invite some friends over for a roaring sing-your-heart-out music night at my house. I told Dave to bring his guitar and then invited some friends over. We BBQ'd and then sang all night long. I was really concerned about our neighbors, but no one said a word. I LOVE Davis Square!! Here we all are gathered in my living room. My friend Jared also brought his guitar and he and Dave and Julie played together so we could sing along to America, Bread, Weezer, Bon Jovi, Brandi Carlile, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, The Beatles, Elliot Smith, James Taylor, Chili Peppers and other stuff. It got pretty crazy!
There is something about a room full of people singing like they were born to be on stage, yet no stage. It was a lot of fun. And Max made it even better!!
This is me acting really excited, getting everyone psyched to sing sing sing!! Seth and Jared look on--probably at Max. He was our competition for attention.
Cute little guy isn't he?
and here's the crew--I'm thinking this should be done more often.
So this is all in anticipation for my Graduation. My parents arrived as we were singing and I think my favorite part was my going out to meet my parents, my dad gets out of the car and can hear people singing in my apartment--loud--i think it was a Bon Jovi song--he says, "sounds like a Sunday night" SLAM!!! and we were all ashamed. For a minute.
So this is my graduation!!

I must say taking tons of pictures in this flattering gown was just what i wanted to do all morning, so we didn't do too many. Thankfully!!
Aren't my parents lovely? They are such good people!
Amanda is my 12 year old sister. She's pretty cool and we have a lot of fun together.
I'm showing off the fact that I have a fantastically brilliant hood that no one was wearing correctly. We had to go around and fix every ones.
me and the wee family. We spent the next day going to Plymouth. It's a cute town. I had heard so many negative things about the rock that I thought it would be the worst trip ever, but i guess when expectations are so low you can be pleasantly surprised. I had a great time!! Dave and Tiffany left from there while I went out to dinner with my parents and Amanda in the North End. Good times!!

Here we are on our scenic route to the north end. hail mighty freedom trail. My parents were great and did not want to budge from the brilliantly outlined brick guide through Boston.
not the real Mayflower. Don't be fooled!!
So this is the rock. Plymouth rock. enshrined.





8 comments:

Rachel said...

Linda you are so beautiful! Yea for graduation!!

The Thomas Family said...

You ARE so beautiful! I wish I was there... again. Congratulations on such an amazing achievement. I love you!

Colleen said...

YAY! You are gorgeous, Linda. YIKES! Check out that picture of me on your futon... double chin! SICK! Oh well.

YOU ARE RADICAL!

The Thomas Family said...

AND- I'm so glad to see you wore your power ring on your graduation day. Did you think I wouldn't notice?!!

Cara said...

Congrats to the grad!! And, I REALLY, REALLY like you're 2nd sentence. Exited to hear more on Friday :)

Unknown said...

yay for graduation. i love the pictures. welcome to the world of the working master lovely! xoxo

Lady Bills said...

love that you graduated

love that we sang our hearts out

love papa rueckert

love trapsing around boston with your fam

love you

spoonfulL said...

i am so glad you overcame your anti-photos-on-the-blog stance and posted these wonderful pics. thanks! it was a blast to see your family and we should definitely have sunday sing-along more often - if only max could come every time!! that kid's the real deal!