Thursday, May 29, 2008

I guess I should apologize

...but I won't. I've been busy. I went to Hawaii!!!! and I work a LOT. And work has been crazy. It's been a rough couple of weeks at work, but overall, things are going well. In fact, I think some of my not-posting is a result of not much happening. I've got nothing BUT:

* I'm tearing up right now watching LOST because Jin just blew up on the freighter. It's really dramatic.

* I bought tickets to a small concert for the Submarines yesterday, but then found out they didn't go on stage until 11:30pm. I opted to stay home and go to bed.

* I'm not crazy about the new Death Cab single they're playing on the radio which is disappointing.

* I don't like REM. I think I liked them ok in middle/high school, but if you want to make a comeback you have to somehow impress. I'm not impressed. It's boring. Wahh Wahh Wahh is what he sounds like.

* I still love Red Hot Chili Peppers. That's good.

* I got in another fender bender a few months ago which was a HUGE downer.

* I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance!!!

* I think I need to quit my job. soon.

* I am always happy when I'm near a beach. I think I should go closer to one.

* I recently joined Netflix and I've been on an Alfred Hitchcock kick. Good stuff! But I actually joined for the purpose of getting the first disc of Scooby Doo Where are you? and HeMan. We were having a cereal and Saturday morning cartoons gathering. Brilliant.

*I've been watching WAY too much TV lately. I think it's a direct result of work stress. But realization is the first step to positive change (sometimes). So tomorrow I pledge to start my healthy lifestyle again.

* I just saw an ad for "I survived a Japanese Game show" I think our society has hit a HUGE low. It's really depressing. But that could be a funny show.

* I love it when I laugh so hard I cry. It doesn't happen too often. But a few weeks ago I was telling some friends a story about the time I left a note on a boy's car. It was such a pathetic story--all details--that I could hardly speak and tears were flowing.

* speaking of talking to this group of friends, they've all recently moved. I'm not joking when I say that the people I've spent most of my time with over the last year and a half have ALL relocated to LA. Is that place really that magical? Why is EVERYONE going there? But I am a sheep...perhaps I will follow. (I'm NOT a sheep).

*I went to Rockport on Memorial Day. It's a small New England town north of Boston. It was such a great day. We went for the lobster. We found a little seafood shack-type place in between fancy boutiques and each bought a HUGE steamed lobster. My lobster was steaming, tossed in a paper plate/bowl thing and came with a side of melted butter. It was DIVINE!! I'm going again.

*every morning when I drive to work I listen to the same radio morning show. Each morning I get to hear them pose a question and survey people. It's really funny and something I look forward to everyday. Today they shared the story of a Canadian couple who decided they didn't want their new baby and tried to sell in on Craigslist. The question was: should you be able to sell your baby on Craigslist? So entertaining!!!!!

As you can tell, I could go on forever. and I'm still watching LOST. So I'll stop here but say that I hope to blog again. AND I'll share pictures. There are a lot of pictures to share: Hawaii, Earthfest, Rockport, the Arboretum, and just lots of random stuff. and if you're not interested--too bad.

10 comments:

Team Bryant said...

Hi Linda! You went to Hawaii?
Wow! I've never been there and I live in CA!!! Please dooo, dooo follow the sheperd and come out to L.A.!! It's not that magical unless you consider Disneyland and Hollywood magical...but it's fun because you'll be able to visit your five sweet nephews who love you and if you only visit us every once in a while you won't get tired of us!!! LOve ya Linda, Elise

Tiff Rueckert said...

Linda...I vote for LA too. We loved living in Pasadena, it was beautiful and the weather was fantastic...but mostly I just think it was a good idea because it is only a short drive to Utah...then again with all these fender benders, maybe it would be safer for you to fly!

RR said...

Hi Ricky,
Tell me more about your job. How are things in the men department? Are you seeing someone? tell me everything. Things are good here in the great northwest. Right now even the weather is good. talk to you soon. Give me your work email. rachel

Allison said...

welcome back to the internet. i am utterly jealous of all your fun adventures. while you were in hawaii, i was changing diapers. i love 'so you think you can dance?' too, and lost! i miss you. when are you coming to utah?

Cara said...

How did I miss seeing you? I was in Rockport as well on Memorial Day. Wasn't it gorgeous! I want to go back. Did you see Mr. Potato Head driving the crane off of Main Street? Hilarious... and the weird parade they had at noon. Yippeee for fun in the sun!

Linda said...

huh...i think i went to a different rockport. well, we didn't really get there until 2ish, so maybe we missed all that. How come i didn't know you were going Cara!!!!

RACH!!! yeah, my job's awesome. perhaps I'll say more sometime.

Al--i miss you too!! I hope to go to Utah sometime this fall. I need to build my vaca time again.

And Elise and Tiff--maybe CA, just maybe. We'll see...I love you guys!!!

Inger said...

Linda, I really like that picture of your feet in the sand. Very creative, and makes a person want to do the same. Sometimes I think how relaxing it would be to sit by the beach and dig your toes into the sand, listening to the waves hit the shore, and sipping a slurpee! I like your picture alot!!

Chelsea said...

I love reading your blog. you are the coolest person in existence. and fyi- we love SYTYCD too, and we watch it every week. Feel free to come hang out any Thursday night- that is a permanent invite!!

The Thomas Family said...

You're back!!! Um, yeah, I think you should go to Cali too. Yes, quit your job soon!

Likely said...

Washington DC for two years and then California - FOR SURE. No, really, I would vote CA, I think the people and weather would do you some good!