Monday, June 2, 2008

Work Post ~ brought to you by Almond Joy


I have many stories and many pictures, many things that I hope to post eventually. The problem is that most of the time I'm at a computer at work and I don't have my pictures here, and more often than not, I left my creativity and patience at home too. (that or I lost it already today)

But today I was sitting at my desk--I still am-- and I had a mini Almond Joy sitting near me. I decided to eat it (shocker) and was reflecting on the goodness that is Almond Joy. I used to HATE Almond Joy and Mounds. I hated coconut as a child and I thought anything with any coconut was disgusting!! I'm happy to report that I really like it now. I guess I should say that there are conditions: I don't like cooked coconut or really overpowering coconut drinks. I'd just rather have something else. But this brings me to a new bulleted list...
Food Linda Hated in Childhood, but Now Enjoys:
*Almond Joy
*Lasagna
*onions
*cheeseburgers
*salad
*fish
*dark chocolate
* hots (red pepper, hot peppers, anything that allows for spice, heat or flavor)
*tomatoes
Food Linda Liked in Childhood but Now DETESTS (a little strong-prefers not to have):
*pastries (of any kind)
*donuts (is that considered a pastry?)
*cookie crisp cereal
*ramen noodles--except for Wagamama
*string cheese
*spaghetti
*pasta in general (besides lasagna)
I'll have to keep adding as things come to me. I wish that both lists were longer. I'm still thinking...

8 comments:

trentathon said...

I LOVE almond joy! But unlike you, I have always been a fun. And you know what is also good is Kimball Farms Almond Joy ice cream. The end

Inger said...

I would say you are lucky, because the things you prefer not to have are bad for you anyway! (except for string cheese... I would say is okay.) But some people love all that bad stuff that you prefer not to have, therefore you are lucky!

The Thomas Family said...

don't forget the bologna ketchup sandwiches... or do you still make yourself one every once in a while???

k8 said...

who hates donuts??? what is wrong with you?

Rachel said...

I used to hate mushrooms...now I love them. You remind me of a beautiful Grecian princess.

Likely said...

love almond joys here as well and I have never ben a donut girl - except the occasional "cake" donut. The other kind... definitely not my thing.

Spaghetti??? really? I didn't know that one about you.

Likely said...

And I love your picture on your header as well.. I love that feeling of the ocean washing along your feet and your feet sinking in the sand and it does...

Linda said...

i think i blocked out bologna ketchup sandwiches...I don't remember that (thankfully).

and I agree on the periodic cake donut. those can be a tasty treat.

tiffany--what's the new blog address? and i can eat my mom's spaghetti, but i wouldn't request it.

rachel coon is one of my favorite people.