Thursday, March 27, 2008

Final Lent Confessions

So, like I confessed earlier, I have a difficult time following through with things. I still owe three confessions.

1. I'm not doing that 1/2 marathon. It was fun for the day I considered it. I've now come to the same realization I've always had prior to deciding to do that--I feel no need to run 13 miles EVER. I respect all people who want to set goals like that. I just don't think it would do anything for me. I run just about every day and I'm good with going anywhere between 3-6 miles. I'm totally satisfied. Thank you.

2. I bought a plane ticket to Hawaii recently. I have a friend getting married there and I've never been, and I found a really good deal. I am, however, wondering if it was such a great idea. (Don't get me wrong, I'm going and it'll be awesome) I am trying to do a better job of living within my means. This doesn't exactly help me with that goal. So I confess (mom) I shouldn't have, but hey, this is another great learning opportunity. So I'm not going to worry about it but enjoy this mistake...just like those boots a few months ago.

3. I get really grumpy when I don't swim for a while. A lot of people who know me well, when they notice I'm freaking out about something or getting too irritable, will ask me if I've been swimming lately. Usually when this happens I'll all-of-a-sudden get it, and then I'll go swimming and everything will fall into place. (like it always does--and probably would even if I didn't go swim, but swimming makes me feel good)

11 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

I agree about the running thing...

I agree about the Hawaii trip... (really funny, though, with that bit about the boots at the end!!)You'll be so glad you went!!!

I agree about exercising in general thing...

Lady Bills said...

k remember how we used to go to that out-door water aerobic class and then moved to the indoor place? yeah that's all i have to say about that.

Rachel said...

I like you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Inger said...

Linda dearest, have a very nice trip to Hawaii, enjoy the trip! DON'T bring the boots, they will be too warm , I think.

Tiff Rueckert said...

I love Inger! I agree, don't bring the boots but have a blast...you deserve it! Don't regret it for a second, except I do believe you and Chris had a bet about a game or something and you lost so you should be coming to Utah to visit us...but Hawaii is WAY better! We miss you! Why in the world do you run 3 to 6 miles? I think the last time I ran 1 mile was in High school...and it was mandatory! Miss you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Likely said...

I totally know that about you (number three). When your mom tells me that you are having a hard time with something or you are in a slump I always say, "Is she swimming/running?" I know you always feel better when you do this. So do I but I never seem to remember it BEFORE I run, just afterward. When I am finished I say..."Gosh, why don't I do this everyday!!!!???" I feel sooo much better.

I am the same as you about my distance as far as running. I can't do over five or my joints KILL me. especially my hips for some reason. 3 is good for me. Dave and I are signing up for a 5K soon.... wish you could join us!

RR said...

ricky,
How are you darling?? I need to come see you soon. Its hard to travel now with the little one. How is your job? Come out to Washington in the summer pretty please. We need to see each other. I guess you don't get to the west coast much since your family lives out there. Hope your family is doing well. Rachel

The Thomas Family said...

HHEELLOOOOOOOOOO????

Likely said...

Alas, she has confessed all.