Thursday, March 6, 2008

my first secretive confession...unless you already knew

This is a very personal confession. My favorite feature on guys consists of the shoulder upper back combo. Not only is it hard to describe, but I couldn't find good pictures to illustrate what I'm talking about either. So I'll try to describe with the less-than-ideal pictures I could find... This here is Roger Federer--he's graced the blog a few times--and he's a great example of what I'm talking about. Have you ever noticed the way the t-shirt hangs on an athletes shoulders? Tennis and soccer players are excellent examples because they usually have a lot of lean muscle mass and the shirt just hangs perfectly.
This is not such a great example but it's the closest to the back as I could find. But imagine when his arms are down and you can see the indentations of the muscles in the shoulder and around the blades...there's that space between the blades...it's pretty sexy. that's all I'm saying.
I'm going to have you try to ignore the stomach here (although difficult) it's not what I'm talking about. There's an ok side view of his shoulder blade...not too bad.
No idea who this guy is, but here you can see the the way the shirt bunches in the middle. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I love it. I think one reason I find this so attractive is because I've always believed that swimmers have the best bodies, and their shoulders and backs are AMAZING!!!! plus, if your shoulders and back look this good all other muscles are probably pretty proportioned--

legs are the exception and a different story altogether (we all know how tough it is for a guy to have good legs). I'm a sucker for good legs as well. When it comes to legs, I'm a strong believer that it's almost completely up to genetics. You either have the genes for good legs or you don't. We've all seen those guys at the gym spending so much time on their legs but it's not working out for them. This is because of the calves. Good luck guys.

8 comments:

NatAttack said...

OH.mygosh. This post totally made my Friday. Hilarious! And a very decent work distraction...

...I need to find me some of those.

Debbie said...

I LOVE MEN'S BACKS!!!!! Ooooooohhhhh.... yes, please.

Debbie said...

Dude, this is Colleen - I was signed into my Mom's blog... that looks creepy. HAHA.

Seth said...

I have chicken legs

The Thomas Family said...

Couldn't agree more! :)

Allison said...

i have to have good legs. i am a sucker for nice, thick, manly calves. nate's got amazing calves. i think that is the reason i married him...well, maybe not just that.

Likely said...

this is coming from a girl who has brothers with nice backs and legs (and nice arms and nice everything - those european muscles!)

confession: the girls that I worked with at pizza factory in provo called Chris "hot calves boy" when he came in to eat. They apparently knew him from UVSC.

That was a little sidenote, but I have to agree that the back is nice. You are also right about soccer players. Such great all around athletic bodies. And wonderful legs usually.

Enough.

Whits said...

I'm a big fan of soccer players bodies.

But i'm also a sucker for good arms. Seriously there isn't anything I love more on a guy than big arms. I don't know why. (well not like too big, but defined and big enough....)

And I love that there are now 8 comments on this post. Way to go ladies!