Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Catch-up

So I've fallen behind in my confessions. I think I owe at least three...y'all have no idea how hard this is. I've started so many confessions and then had to stop because they were way too personal, and although I'm calling these confessions, I am not Catholic and I do not wish to expose anything too personal or damaging. I'm also on a time crunch today and I have to be at work in 20 minutes...so I can't think to hard about these. This is good. Shallow and harmless--here we go.

* When I brush my teeth at night I often let all the foam just drip down my chin so I look much like a rabid animal. When it builds up more I'll lean over the sink so that it'll just go right down the drain. Spitting is not necessary--maybe once or twice.

* I'm always on time. I'm usually the one who has to wait for everyone else. Sometimes I'll even try to be late. I'm usually still there before everyone else. It's actually really annoying. Not that everyone's late, but that I can never be.

* I have a secret, a guilty pleasure if you will, that I don't tell too many people. I love Nine Inch Nails first album, Pretty Hate Machine. Trent has always been a little disturbing, but this is before he got really disturbing. I guess the reason I don't think this is a good thing is because it's really NOT "virtuous, lovely, or of good report" and I'm trying to cut those things out. I don't have room in my life for anything that's going to fill me with anything dark or loathsome. But you know how sometimes you just want to go dark and loathsome? or maybe that's just me.

6 comments:

trentathon said...

hahahahah

Likely said...

I am thinking you watched pee wee herman's big adventure one too many times. remember when he brushed his teeth??? ha ha.

dave and I are teased about being on time - especially for parties. kinda nerdy i suppose but we are always the ones to get the par-TAY started.

The Thomas Family said...

Hmm... brushing your teeth must be really uncomfortable and annoying. How can you stand it?

The small print about the woman being single wasn't supposed to mean anything. I was trying to be a little creative with my font size and I had already used parenthesis in the same sentence and didn't want to do it again. that's all!

I know, I will call you. Tonight I think.

I don't know NIN stuff and I don't like dark and loathsome... ever.

ju said...

i am totally loving your confessions. i wish lent lasted all year long.

Chelsea said...

lol for the brushing your teeth one! love it!

Mary said...

oh linda...oh linda...i can't believe i just met someone else, another MORMON, who shares my deep dirty ugly love for Pretty Hate Machine. I don't own it, I won't buy it or listen to it...but. Like the other day, I was scanning for a good song on the radio...and there it was. Now I'm Down In It. And it was naughty, but I totally finished the song out before continuing my search for another, I mean, a good song.