Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lent Confessions 3/18 and 3/19

* I've been half way through Crime and Punishment for about 5 years. I'm not proud of this because I really like the book!! I remember exactly where I am and what's been happening. Whenever I go home I'll read a few more pages, but usually when I go home (this is at my parents house, the book is on a shelf in my room there) there is always so many other things to do than to sit a read. I'm usually only home for a few days. I think I need to get a copy and finish it. It's an awesome book!

* I love to sing. I wish I had an amazing voice but it's pretty weak. I can read music and I have a very sensitive ear, but I've never learned to have a strong voice. When I was younger I remember dancing around my living room listening to our record of Broadway's Annie. I would even act it out. My favorite number, if you will, was "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile." I remember pretending I was on stage performing for a huge crowd. I wanted to grow up and be a singer. I don't think I've grown out of that either. I still love to blare my music and sing-a-long. I'm a sucker for karaoke--it's my only chance to perform. For that small moment I can be a rockstar--like I was meant to be.

6 comments:

trentathon said...

Crime and Punishment is one of my favorite books! Finish it...

Allison said...

just because your voice isn't like annie's, doesn't mean you don't have a great voice. i have always thought you had a beautiful voice. it is subtly beautiful, the kind of voice that your babies will love.

Chelz said...

you do have a beautiful voice. I had no idea this was a deep desire!! you have come to the right place, lets talk about making you the star you want to be!! before institute on wednesdays at the church??

Linda said...

Is it possible? could my dreams really come true?!?! Chelsea, I'll be there!

with crime and punnishment in my bag.

and with no babies in tow...thankfully.

The Thomas Family said...

I remember singing to Annie with you in the family room!!

Amanda said...

whatEVER Linda!
You have a rockstar voice. Practically all my favorite songs come from YOU!:)