Monday, October 27, 2008

New England Fall

This weekend some friends and I ventured into the north to take in beautiful fall in New England. We were a little late in the season, but we hadn't missed everything. I found a farm in New Hampshire that advertised apple picking, wagon rides, corn maze, hot apple cider, apple crisp, pumpkins and just about anything else you'd want. I convinced a few friends to come. We made a few stops along the way. We visited the Old North Bridge and actually listened the little ranger man tell his story of the miraculous way the militia was able to defend their homes. I love American history and all the stories that show just how much of a miracle it was that we were able to free ourselves from the British.
Our perfect fall scene. A blanket of leaves resting on the ground. It was heaven. We also stopped in to see the Groten School. It's only one of the most prestigious prep/boarding schools in the nation. (That's what someone said anyway, I have not done my own research.)


They had a backdrop with hay and corn stalk conveniently set up for us. We had fun with that!

Here we are mesmerized by the ranger. He was a fancy story-teller, that's for sure. I think my favorite part was Amy the boy early American who chopped off the head of an injured British soldier just as the rest of the British army was arriving to the scene. The army looked at Amy marched right past him and instead killed about 300 innocents living in Lexington on their way back to Boston as retaliation. Jaw-dropping story telling!!



Isn't this tree perfect! I love it. This was on the way to the estate sale that turned into crapper farmers sale of really old junk that NO ONE would ever be able to use EVER.




But this truck was pretty sweet and served as another great prop for our adventure. There was no apple picking, but we did hit up the corn maze, and wagon ride, burned our tongues on hot apple cider and shared some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. One of my friends also made out with a mirror and desk chair from a road side yard sale.





7 comments:

Heather said...

BEAUTIFUL Linda.. that pic of you and the old truck is SO amazing.

I love the Fall.. it's that dang winter that comes afterwards that I don't care for!

The Thomas Family said...

SO pretty!
Like, she stole it fromt he yard sale? That's mean...

Linda said...

perhaps i was misleading. He purchased the items. We wouldn't steal from poor country folk.

Likely said...

w.o.w. amazing pictures. J CREW catalog worthy.

Did you eat apple crisp and drink cider after all? I was really excited when you said that. Do you even like apple crisp? Miss I don't like cooked fruit desserts?

Likely said...

duh, you said it in the last paragraph about the cider.... I guess I am just really hungry right now.

Karen Brothersen said...

I loved those pics. YOU are beautiful and so is that red tree!

Inger said...

Yes, Sarah, even I was thinking what that meant. I decided the person bought it at a yard sale... Linda, those pictures are wonderful. It sounds like a really nice day. You look very pretty.