Friday, February 27, 2009

and lent begins 2/26

Yesterday I desperately wanted to compliment this person aloud but there was no way I could. I have a client. Clearly I cannot disclose any specifics or share any detailed stories (although you know I want to). My first compliment to those in need of my stimulus offering of compliments to a negative, angry world goes to the intensive manipulators.

Many overlook the artful craft that is skillful manipulation. To know how to whine and complain enough, to blame and avoid responsibility just the right way, to invoke others towards feelings of guilt or desperation to help you, to create an atmosphere where one may desire to give you money or a listening ear (which leads to your getting something), to make them think it's their idea and you somehow deserve the offering, or that in anyway the offering will somehow relieve some degree of your pain...

it's masterful really. I get to work with some of the best.

1 comment:

Likely said...

dude, you must know this lady I have been helping lately. Give her an inch.....

man.