Monday, October 15, 2007

All Good Things!

1. Americas Most Smartest Model--I hate that I get sucked into such shows. It's not one I'll go out of my way to watch like The Office or America's Next Top Model, but if I am killing 20 minutes and it's on, I am HIGHLY entertained.

2. Salt-N-Pepa-- As I was watching AMSM there was an advertisement for the Salt-N-Pepa reunion show. How great is that?!?!?! Again, I probably won't watch it, but I had a great time "educating" one of my roommates on the duo. She'd never heard of them or heard any of their stuff...how is that possible?!

3. En Vogue --As I shared some S-n-P songs for my roommate, I was able to reminisce about other great music. Favorite song of 9th grade? Free your mind, En Vogue. It's still a good thing.

4. Border Cafe in Harvard Square - Although I miss Cafe Rio more than I should, I love this place. It's atmosphere beats Cafe Rio, I just really want a good salad.

5. Elder Holland - I guess I should say here that these things are NOT listed in order of importance. I LOVED hearing him speak so many times this weekend. It felt so personal and I really needed the pick-me-up. There is no way to do justice in explaining how much his words and presence effected me.

6. Good Friends - I know it's vague. But one thing Elder Holland mentioned in his first keynote address was the idea of looking to the right and left and learning from the people around us; Learning together. Throughout this weekend I was able to get some great new insights and ideas from wonderful friends that I really value.

7. Burdicks Hot Chocolate - Dark hot chocolate European style...sweetened yourself? mmm good.

8. New England Fall - apple picking, pumpkin festivals, head of the charles, foliage, jackets and sweaters, Salem, Halloween....

9. Hour Long Office Episodes

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Linda you are top notch!

Lindsey from The R House said...

amen to hour long office episodes! i miss your face! i long for autumn in new england, cafe rio (even though it is just down the street) and any kind of hot chocolate.

SUCH a great post.

The Thomas Family said...

Agreed! That really is great, and healthy to remind ourselves of all the fabulous things going on despite the hard stuff in life!

The Thomas Family said...

And I haven't watched that America's Most Smartest Model show...(I think that is what it is called). So it is worth catching an episode??