Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Such is the Life of a Boston Social Worker

This weekend my brother left me a voicemail. I keep listening to it because that is how happy it makes me:

Hey Linda-What's up? Haven't talked to you for like a month--since you've been working in the professional world for a month as a ROMANTIC Social Worker. You probably spend additional hours volunteering at a local good will--wearing second-hand sweaters--eating oatmeal--maybe even adopted a stray cat--picked one up from a shelter...Such is the life of a Boston Social Worker! Give me a Call!

I wish I could communicate his voice-the intonation. So So Great!! Sadly, I haven't had a moment to call him back yet. I will today!

But I've decided that it may be a good idea (and cheaper for me) to embrace some of these ideas. I don't think volunteering at a good will is really my thing, but there are So many other great places to volunteer! Get involved in the community=eat and shop less=pay my bills. Don't think i want to adopt a cat, but hey-volunteer with children and it's kind of the same thing. Two things-DONE! Second-hand sweaters? I have a lot of sweaters already, how about i just don't buy anymore? I'm also going to throw in fan like, floor length skirts with funky patters. The louder the better--with Birkenstocks!!! ooh-I just got excited. Everyone will know just how much I CARE!!! Oatmeal...OK, well maybe cream of wheat. (sensing a theme here) Embrace my new poverty...Such is the life of a Boston Social Worker!

and my goodness isn't it Romantic!!

4 comments:

Likely said...

David told me about this message that he left you. He was so proud of his wittiness.

I like the flowery skirt and Birkenstocks idea, but I think it should definitely be frumpy cardigans, not pullover sweaters.

PULL OVER!!!!

NO IT'S A CARDIGAN, BUT THANKS FOR ASKING!

And also, you should part your hair down the middle.

I don't know why.

The Thomas Family said...

That's really funny. He left me a message this past weekend too but it wasn't that funny.

Lady Bills said...

EW OATMEAL??? what is he crazy???

Likely said...

Lindee Loo..... where are you????

Tell us something about your new place and your new roommates.