Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The First Day of Spring!!!

I'm already dreaming of summer!! Today we did a mindfulness exercise in DBT where we played ocean sounds and closed our eyes for a few minutes. It was so nice. I immediately went to the beach in my mind, laying in the sun, feeling the warm sun massage my shoulders and face...but then all I could feel was my turtleneck. It kind of ruined the experience for me...

Then we had an intense group (wish I could blog about it but of course that wouldn't be appropriate). But what I can tell you is that the image of that beach, hearing that ocean...ooh. I then remembered how great hammocks are. I wanted to be at a beach or a lake, it doesn't matter where, but somewhere. I could actually hear the sounds of the water lapping on the beach, seagulls, maybe a boat, some kids laughing. And I'm just rocking in my hammock. The sun covering me. A soft breeze.

At the end of the day we have a checkout for clients and staff. When it was my turn I told everyone how much I was thinking about rocking back and forth in a hammock. Then I told them how disappointed I was that there was no way it was going to happen today. But I left with an emphasis that it would happen soon! Very soon! (although perhaps not soon enough)

2 comments:

Jeje said...

Lets go to Mexico

Likely said...

I laughed out loud at sun massaging my shoulders- oh wait that's my turtleneck part. hilarious.