Monday, March 12, 2007

would you break up with yourself?

Tonight I had a great conversation with a friend of mine. We were discussing some different ideas around dating, relationships, priorities, stuff and more stuff. At one point my friend asked me if I were a guy dating me, would I break up with myself.

SUCH AN INTERESTING QUESTION!!!

I am so happy to say that I didn't have to think about this for very long. NO! No, I wouldn't. It has been a long road for me, but I really like me. I think I'm fun!! Sometimes I wonder why I'm the only one who thinks this (kind of joking). But seriously, I really like who I am, what I'm doing, what I like to do for fun, how I have so many interests, how there are so many things I want to know more about, how I embarrass myself so much, how I'm learning to embrace the embarrassment. I don't mean to post this in an arrogant way. It's just such a great thing for me to realize!! I obviously have my weaknesses and things, but I like those too.

I'm sure there are some amazing women out there who are far better than I am, BUT I am choosing to believe that I'm pretty fun to kick it with!

7 comments:

Lady Bills said...

YOU are the prize LINDA! THE PRIZE!

i love this post. thanks for being brave and willing to see your strengths and admit weaknesses. cause we all have both.

you are amazing!

Colleen said...

I DEFINITELY second everything Peggy said. She is amazing, and so are you.

WE ARE THE PRIZE!!!!!!!

Word.

Dude - I wouldn't break up with you. In fact, what are you doing this weekend? Wanna go on a date?

Jeje said...

I'm just waiting to hang out with you. When are we gonna hang out anyway?

Lauren said...

as i told you in my text the other day, i couldn't fall asleep because i was thinking about how much i adore you! ADORATION Y-O-U!

Michael Visser DMD said...

If you change your mind, and decide to break up with yourself ... want to go out?

Linda said...

Wow! I have so many people wanting to spend time with me!! If I knew this would be the result I'd have said something like this a long time ago!

Colleen, jeje, call me. Let's make some plans. It's St. Patty's weekend, let's do something.

Michael, I can always try to love myself a little less. :)

Likely said...

Michael, cute answer.

Linda Loo, You are the cat's meow.

Maybe you can break up with yourself because you are too good for yourself?

True true, I'd like to kick it with you.

True, true, I love you, I do.

3,4 knock on the door.

5,6 the end.