Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good Things

Today was one of those days where things just seemed to feel good. I'm not saying everything is perfect or that amazing things occurred. I am saying that today I felt like I could give myself some credit. Things are getting done and life is good! Today:

* the sun makes me smile more
* I live in a fantastic city
* the Pita Pit was discovered in Brighton!!
* I am loved by many
* I love many
* I tried to write my first cover letter and think it turned out okay
* I discovered I have some pretty good qualifications and experience for applying for jobs I want
* I work with some incredible people at my job and I am so happy when they meet with me, even if they are at their lowest point, they inspire me
* I got some new shoes
* I found a copy of a book I love and recommend to everyone: She taught me to eat artichokes
* I bought the book
* the mile swim against the tide is scheduled twice this summer to benefit breast cancer research
* I'm going to swim it both times, June 23 and August 18 on the cape
* I know a pretty fast route to the airport
* friends share very comfortable sweatshirts that I don't want to give back
* visiting teaching has helped me make amazing friends that I don't know if I would make otherwise
* I didn't care that I may have looked foolish talking to someone this evening. (I was trying to create an opportunity for a friend to talk to a boy by my talking to him first so she could just come join in. I had nothing to say to this boy so I just rambled and made stuff up and it was pretty much awful--awesome!!)
* my lovely sister started a blog!
* I may skip class tomorrow
* I'm going on vacation next week
* I get to see ALL my adorable nephews and niece
* I found several new, hysterically funny cards that I can't wait to send to people
* a total stranger wouldn't stop telling me how fine I was (a little creepy, but still flattering)
* I helped a small Greek woman find a birthday card for a 1 year old grandson
* I tried to say thank you to everyone (when appropriate, and not sarcastically)
* I got my assignment submitted on time
* I even set up time to talk to my professor before class about my paper
* I may be in bed before 12!
* although I have a TON to do, it'll all work out!

I'm just going to enjoy this.

5 comments:

ju said...

yay life!

The Thomas Family said...

That's a great list... I like how you helped the small Greek woman find a birthday card. Touching.

The Thomas Family said...

That's a great list... I like how you helped the small Greek woman find a birthday card. Touching.

The Thomas Family said...

Sorry, I didn't mean to post it twice.

Lauren said...

lovely, thanks for this post. i would like to let all readers know that the pita pit is actually in brookline on harvard street and is so decishioso! thanks for dining with me linda loo. and i am so glad you love my sweatshirt (but, i do want it back). thanks for creating the opportunity... haha! i owe you.and i can guarantee that you didn't make a fool of yourself. sooo here's to you and your gratitude! i adore you and feel rejuvenated and enlightened from your list of "good things!" xoxo