Saturday, August 25, 2007

Update

I have so many things I want to blog about but I need more time to do these items justice!! So instead i thought I'd update people on what my plans are (since I don't think I have).

I start my new job on Monday. I'll be working at a day treatment program in Quincy MA (that's on the south shore) So there will be a little commute, but it won't be too bad. I'm really excited about this job. I'll be working with severely mentally ill adults in group therapy each day. There are a lot of different groups currently running: dealing with anxiety, depression, personality disorders, groups on anger and emotions, psycho-ed groups on communication and assertiveness, DBT, and more. So I'm not sure which ones I'll be leading but I may even get to start some. I was thinking of a music group or a creative expressions group with a CBT slant--there are so many possibilities!!!

I am also moving. Nope, not to the South Shore (that'd be the smart thing to do). I'm actually moving so as to add 15 minutes to my commute. Further north is Medford and I'll be living in a really cute house with two girls from my ward. I'm also excited about this. I do wish it were in Cambridge or Somerville, but if it were it'd be twice as much. I get my own room, a huge almost walk in closet (such an improvement) and my own bathroom and I'm paying less then I am now!! So I think it's worth it.

So for now I'm packing up my apartment, trying to clean, and praying I can get my deposit back from this house. I don't think past tenants have cleaned it at all!! So it's pretty bad. Plus I'll still be working at the eating disorder clinic one weekend a month (this weekend). So there is always a lot going on. I'm excited to get through the next two weeks!!! I hope I'll be more settled then.

And this is why I don't have time right now to sit down and compose my thoughts and musings on my observances. (is that a word? I like it!!!)

5 comments:

Allison said...

wow! i am excited for you!! your new job sounds great!

Rachel said...

Yea for your new job!! Moving is the most stressful thing, I feel ya girl.

The Thomas Family said...

Chin up!

Likely said...

did you get your deposit back???

Don't leave us hanging!

Lauren said...

yay! i am so glad you are staying!!! more lovely time for me!