Monday, April 9, 2007

I Just Want To Do It Too

So I have found this really interesting and so I really wanted to do it too. Thanks for humoring me. Last week I flew out to Utah for a family reunion and decided what better time is there to shuffle through a bunch of songs. I LOVE my music. (probably too much). So I was pretty excited to find out which goodies would come up. Here she goes!!!


Opening Credits: You are the Light, The Innocence Mission
Strangely calming for an opening credit. Soothing, sweet, and you can tell there is much to come! I like!

Waking Up: Rhyme For The Summertime, G Love & Special Sauce
Now we get a little beat that gets you going in the morning. Thanks G Love!! Just a little something I like to call a Jazz step as I get out of bed.

First Day of School: Let's Build a Home, The White Stripes
Uh, I played House a TON in kindergarten. and I do wish I had a little red box.

Falling In Love: They are Zombies!! They are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!!! Sufjan Stevens
GREAT SONG!! As for falling in love...?

Fight Song: The Luckiest, Ben Folds
Yeah, I'm no fighter. But When I do I am the luckiest!! (this is such a fabulous song!!)

Breaking Up: Another Runaway Song, Reggie and the Full Effect
next time I'll make you mine...Reggie's great for breakups

Prom: Party Generation, Dar Williams
I am a part of the party generation for sure.

Life's OK: Narc, Interpol
it's an ok song...life's ok, it works

Mental Breakdown: Little Ghost, The White Stripes
what are you scared of most?

Driving: Fix You (Live), Coldplay
driving and singing at the top of my lungs

Inner Smile: Morning has Broken, Cat Stephens
Cat Stephens brings out everyones inner smile!! This song ROCKS!

Flashback: Time, The Silent League
it actually reminds me of being a kid playing with my brothers and sisters while we listened to BREAD, yes, that's right, BREAD

Getting Back Together: Casimir Pulaski Day, Sufjan Stephens
I like the sound of frolicking through a park, swinging, talking to someone you really really like...

Wedding: Homeward Bound, Simon and Garfunkle
hmm, I could see my wedding turning into a roaring sing-a-long with my brother, (hopefully my future spouse) playing and everyone singing along...J/K That has better NOT happen at my wedding, but eventually

Birth Of A Child: We Used To Be Friends, Dandy Warhols
I don't really get this game. But sure, we'll all be dancing.

Final Battle: Moonlight Drive, The Doors
I guess it is terribly appropriate...my final battle swaying into the moon. Like I said before, I'm not a fighter...but I'll go in with great tunes.

Death Scene: Apple Blossom, The White Stripes
The boat is sinking for sure!! Some one better come rescue me, I'll take Ben Gibbard who may follow me into the dark, but then that could be weird.

Funeral: Mars Love Venus, The Brunettes
I'm starting to think my life is a joke. But that's ok, the music is good.

No comments: