Friday, February 16, 2007

It's too quiet!

My first few years of college I had a pretty close knit group of friends. We had so much fun together because we always came up with something to do that would be WILDLY entertaining. None of these things were really that big of a deal...Tuesday night breakfast feasts, courtyard wiffle ball tournaments, Friday morning meet and greets at the same round table in the student center (I'd skip my volleyball class to be there, I almost failed!!), Wednesday afternoon snowboarding, ROASTS!! There were so many things we did, but it was the things we didn't do, that just happened, that made our lives so entertaining.

We would meet each week and watch Seinfeld. This contributed a lot to our approach to the regular events of the day. It was unspoken, but we had some kind of understanding that we would make the most of everything and turn it into the best Seinfeld moment we possibly could. We then had memories including the Pizza Warrior, Golden Boy, Nic on crutches yelling profanities as he struggled in the snow, swim tournaments in the complex pool with strangers, busting into band practice, rescuing little puppies and kittens...

Lately I just feel like it's been too quiet. Although these friends have all moved on to other phases of life I'm sure we all try to keep our youthful, innocent, narcissistic view of society intact. I miss these people!! Kelly, Camilla, Natalie, Trent, Nic, Brennan, & Teddy...I solute you all!!

I pledge to recommit myself to finding the ridiculous in the mundane and routine. Life will not be too quiet. I'm taking it back...I'm taking it all back!!

No comments: