Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ode to Family

Today was a great Sunday. It was one of those days when you realize some amazing blessings in life and also receive new insight. Today I was thinking about how lately I have been feeling rather homesick. I've never felt homesick before. I was thinking about this and all-of-a-sudden I realized why! When I moved away from home in Maryland, I moved out west. I was away from "home" but I had brothers and sisters living near me. For a while I got to live with my brothers and sister Sarah. Even when people seemed further away I had wonderful Aunts, Uncles and cousins who always welcomed me and I felt at "home".

Since moving to Boston I have been on my own. There is no family nearby and it has been a challenge. I depend on my family for so much. My Sisters and Brothers are my best friends. I love that they are married (except Amanda) because the have wonderful spouses. I do sometimes wish they were single so we could still hang out more. But I guess that's a stupid wish because my sisters-in-law are also like best friends now and I LOVE hanging out with them. Maybe I'm just lonely in my singledom. But I adore my family and so want to send a short shout out to each one. I will not focus on the FANTASTIC niece and nephews because they will get their own spotlight later.
The is my oldest sister Elise, her husband Dan, and their four boys Danny, Jonathan, Mark and Eric. To me they are like a poster family. My sister is beautiful, Dan is handsome and their children are so kind, sweet, thoughtful, and ADORABLE!!

Elise has always been such an amazing example of faith and dedication. Her testimony is solid and she is grounded in the gospel. She wants to do what's right no matter what and sets such an amazing example to me. I love her so much and admire who she is. She is a princess!!


My brother Chris is one of my heroes. His wife Tiffany is such a beautiful and generous woman and their daughter Brielle is an angel!! I miss them so much and can't wait to see them in a few months. I used to call them whenever I wanted. They would always invite me over to eat with them, play games with them, and just be with them at the Gledhills. Tiffany's family is amazing too.

Chris is always so thoughtful and kind. He will call me and just talk to me about what I'm doing. He always wants to know what's wrong with the guys in Boston. He has a way of building me up and making me feel so loved and special.


This is David, Tiffany and Maxwell. I LOVE this family. I am so happy that for now they are living in Maryland so when I do get to go home I get to spend time with them. Tiffany is so talented and stylish! She is one of those uber-creative, everything she does is magic, kind of people.

I feel a special connection with David. We both took daring steps to come back east to pursue our graduate degrees. Often I would call him and we would talk about some of the challenges we were facing in our programs. He has also been a HUGE example to me of faith and walking in faith, knowing that our prayers are heard and answered.


I have always considered Sarah my best friend. This picture does NOT do her justice because she has rock star hotness. This is her husband Ben and their wee one Benson. They are another beautiful family. Ben is so smart and ambitious!

Sarah is one I always count on. I can call her about anything that's on my mind. She always understands me. When we are together we just laugh and laugh at who knows what...actually we do this with everyone in my family...we're hilarious!! and no one appreciates it quite like we do. I mean, how often do you meet someone who makes you laugh out loud hard? It's rare, but not with these wonderful people!!! Sarah is another example of faith and humility. Submitting to the Lords will. She is incredible!



AMANDA!!!!!!!!!! She is now 12 years old and our family would not be the same without her. I love how she is so smart, funny, beautiful, talented, fearless, and confident!! I love going home and visiting her. We always try to go on little adventures and make memories (tobacco and peppermint). She is destined for greatness!!

As I think about my fabulous brothers and sisters, I really stand all amazed!! I am so blessed that we love one another. We would do anything to support and care for each other. I pray for their success and happiness daily and I know they do for me too.

Thank you all so much for your love and support!

11 comments:

Likely said...

Awwwhhhh Linda, you are so sweet. This is so nice of you.

Ode to my family - I think someone wrote a song about it once?

Doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo

Sound familiar?

I think you forgot to mention about the picture of me also not doing my rock star hotness justice.

Es correcto?

I actually thought Sarah's pic looked nice of her. I love her smile. Tiff's got a killer smile too. I haven't seen that pic of the Bryant's yet - SOOO ADORABLE! Those boys crack me up.

Why do we have such a cute family?

Thanks for writing this lovely tribute. I need to do the same for my family.

Amanda said...

awww. i have to admit, i feel pretty loved <3
that is a hott picture of us though! i haven't blogged in months. any ideas???

The Thomas Family said...

Linder.
How nice. Thanks. It's great because those are things neither said nor heard everyday (is that grammatically correct?)
I feel the same- we are so blessed.
Um- yes, I feel I have better pictures to show of myself. That one was decent... but as for my wee one, he has seen better days!!

Chris Rueckert said...

First time, long time.
I love your blog and I love you Linda. You are amazing! I can't wait until we live closer. Head WEST and get away from that east coast snobbery.

I couldn't help but notice in your blog that you failed to mention any of the spiritual and gospel related traits that I posess. This has inspired me to create my own blog. Maybe. I do have some good ones... don't I?

Linda said...

Tiffany!!! I've forgotten all about that song...you ARE a rock star! I actually really love that picture of you all. I think it's because of the setting. I totally associate BYU lacrosse and soccer with you guys...sniff sniff.

Amanda! You can always blog about me!!

Sarah, the tiger does have better photos, but I didn't have and with you and ben so...

Chris! You have tons of spiritual qualities! Faith, obedience, service, charity, kindness, compassion, ... There are a lot of spiritual traits that I admire! Maybe you should start a blog! hmm

Team Bryant said...

Thank you Linda. I think you are bonding us all through your blogs! I actually never even heard of blogs before yours! Hee, hee. I agree with you 100 %. We are all so blessed to have each other and the gospel. Thanks for saying nice things about us! I love you too and love our chats.

Lady Bills said...

first off- your family is so HOTT!!!

number B- i love your family too! they have always welcomed me in with warm and loving arms... linda you really do have one of the greatest families on the planet.

CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY in just a few more weeks!

Likely said...

Chris - you and tiff should totally start a blog. It's such a great way to keep in contact with everyone.

Shauna and Doug have a blog too, it's brownsbusiness.blogspot.com

check it out. You can see ours too,

agirlnamedlikely.blogspot.com

ANJ said...

what a beautiful tribute. i love it.

Whits said...

aren't families the greatest?

Unknown said...

your family is so freaking cute!!