Wednesday, January 31, 2007

True Story

This evening I was on an important errand. I HAD to deliver a little gift to a friend of mine. On the way there I decided that if I was thoughtful I would include a HUGE Butterfinger candy bar. So I'm driving down the road to deliver my gift when this brilliant idea hits me. In this area it seems like CVS is on every corner, ok fine, every other (Dunkin Donuts and CVS alternate). But of course when I need a CVS, there was none to be found. So I search and search and finally find a wee little market, you know, the kind with "remove your face mask before entering" signs on the front door.

Excited, I run inside. I am staring at the candy isle when the man behind the counter stands up and says, "Are you a supermodel or a soccer player?"

Seriously.

I look at him and he says, "Pick one."

Finding the situation rather humorous, I declare, "BOTH".

He smiles and says, "Good Answer."

I've never ever played soccer but I decided that soccer could cover all of my athletic pursuits. I am also not a model, but decided that I take amazing pictures...?

I purchased my $1.25 Butterfinger and left with a little smile.

10 comments:

Whits said...

That is fabulous. One of my favorite days was when I got hit on by the postman when I looked like hell.

Likely said...

you should have bought HIM a candy bar and just said, it's on me buddy. and maybe autographed the wrapper for him?

I love that guy. I would buy a candy bar from him every day. But then, I guess that would defeat the purpose of being a super model.

The Thomas Family said...

Seriously. That IS fabulous. You should become a regular at that store. Sorry if I sound stupid, but what does "take your face mask off" mean??

Lady Bills said...

so why don't we take this one step further and get a picture of you in some hot daisy dukes, on a soccer field holding a butterfinger. i think we're on to something here!

Cheesecake said...

...and more of us would have experiences like that if it wasn't for Corporate Capitalism like CVS and Dunkin Doughnuts buying out all the street corners and squeezing all the little guys out. Maybe you could model soccer cleats and shin-guards???

Likely said...

Sarah - face masks are used to rob a store. So, the stores are sketchy... like possible criminal activity.

Likely said...

I think?

Linda said...

cheesecake, some day someone will ask you if you're a supermodel. I promise!!

but you probably won't ever get the soccer player comment. sorry.

ju said...

i love this! and i love peggy's idea...maybe we could have you holding a facemask, then you could give the picture to the market to put up next to their sign, as an example of removing the facemask before entering the store.

Chris Rueckert said...

I think he may have just wanted a bite of your butterfinger.
Poor guy.
He thinks your hot.