Thursday, January 11, 2007

A real certified personality analysis?!?!?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

So I love my job/internship. I work in a day treatment program for adults with various mental illness. Besides really loving the clients I work with, the staff are fantastic!!! I have a lot of fun with them. We laugh a lot and there is always some crazy thing we're discussing. The other day it was planning my up-coming Neil Diamond birthday bash (stay tuned for more details on that!!) But yesterday it was the Color Quiz...everyone in the office took turns on the computer taking this little gem (colorquiz.com if you dare!!). It's always fascinating to hear what others results are. Me...not so thrilled, well, maybe I'm not so sure.

I had just ended a group all about how we struggle to make changes in our lives and the emphasis was on ignoring/battling/rejecting our inner critic. So from there I go to take this little personality test. Let me share with you the results. The results will be in this color and my commentary in italics.

Your existing situation:

Sensuous (really?). Inclined (i wouldn't necessarily say inclined, maybe prefers) to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses(who doesn't?), but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse(my parents will be proud!).

Your stress sources:

Wants to overcome a feeling of emptiness and of separation from others(maybe I shouldn't just copy everything this computer said...but don't MOST people feel an emptiness after being separated from people they care about? I don't mean to defend or argue, well maybe I do). Believes that life still has far more to offer and that she may miss her share of experiences if she fails to make the best use of every opportunity(Thanks color quiz, well yeah, i want to make the most of every opportunity, because if I don't I DO believe I'll miss some experiences...right?). She therefore pursues her objectives with a fierce intensity and commits herself deeply and readily(well, I don't know about deeply or readily...I think I'm proud of myself when I pursue ANY objective and am thrilled when I feel slightly motivated). Feels herself to be completely (completely?) competent(is that even possible?) in any field in which she engages, and can sometimes be considered by others to be interfering or meddlesome (Who ever feels this way MUST let me know, because I just don't think so. If anything I show a lack of interest in my friends lives and pursuits, HARDLY meddlesome...come on!!).

Your restrained characteristics (oh, you want to keep going?):

Believes that she is not receiving her share (hmm, I'm listening)--that she is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated(well I certainly do now!!). Feels that she is being compelled to conform(only to a list of computer generated personality traits), and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement(I have no response to that).

Circumstances are forcing her to compromise, to restrain her demands and hopes(This is where that inner critic comes in, and when we fight and argue--battle if you will--against the inner critic. I WILL NOT LOSE MY HOPES!!), and to forgo for the time being some of the things she wants(well what do i want mighty computer quiz? That would be helpful, then I'll know with what i can compromise and/or go with out).

Exacting in her emotional demands, especially during moments of intimacy leaving her frustrated in her desire for a perfect union(still processing this one...initial response? my mind is a blank).

Your Desired objective (oh, here we go, tell me what i want!):

Shelves her ambitions and forgoes her desire for prestige as she prefers to take things easily and indulge her longing for comfort and security(that's a desired objective?!?! This is telling me NOTHING).

Your actual problem (Bring it! I'm ready):

The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity(why is this a problem? I think that's a positive...perhaps explaining my personality problem?).

Your actual problem #2 (Wow! I get two! No one else did!):

Fights against restriction or limitation(yikes!! Obviously!), and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts (yes, evil color computer quiz thing!! I will not conform to you or anyone else!! I will develop as I will and it SHOULD come from my own efforts!!).





5 comments:

Cheesecake said...

I'm gald to hear that things have become more sophisticated for you at work. I remember a time when we were working together, you were reading the paper, and with a furled brow you asked (rhetorically?), "Who is Lewis Vitten??" I quickly shot back with "You mean, 'Louis Vitton'?!?!" While not Banana Republic or J Crew, I did expect that you would've known that one!!

Likely said...

ha ha. I love how that quiz contradicted itself in so many ways.

That quiz was pretty much the worst quiz ever.

Your interjections, however, brilliant.

Lady Bills said...

red and yellow and pink and blue- purple and orange and YOU- you can be a rainbow, be a rainbow...or a looney tunes!

{to the tune of "the rainbow song" from primary days}

natalie (keyser) palmer said...

I hate those quiz things. For me it changed every day. Some people think i'm on the verge of being bi-polar. Sometimes i think they're right. Sometimes i think they can all go to...

natalie (keyser) palmer said...

p.s.
i just added you to my favorites.