Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Peggy and Linda visit HOME!!

For Presidents Day my dear friend Peggy and I decided to venture home to Balmer Merlan. It was an amazing trip: so relaxing and yet we did so much! Let me share some highlights with you... We had to change planes in New York where our plane was delayed for a VERY LONG time!! This is us practicing our faces for the airport personnel. Here we are anticipating them telling us we must check our baggage.
So we finally got home! How excited are you Peg? Wow! She's THAT excited! And what about me? Well...
FRIGHTENINGLY excited I tell you! We have so much to look forward to...Like our Saturday night sing-a-long with David, Tiffany, Amanda, and Scott!
Dave, I mean Art Garfunkle, provided the music as we sang to all our old fave's like: weezer, dionne warwick, pat benetar, nirvana, america, simon and garfunkle, bread, guns and roses, sheryl crow, and so many other goodies I can't even remember.
The only one Dave refused to do was November Rain because that ones better on the piano...look forward to the Sunday sing-a-long...piano style!
Here Peg and I are doing music research. Me, "no peg, dave's not going to play imagine. I don't know why, he just never does." Peg, "oh, how about hit me with your best shot?" Me, "I believe he will!" and HE DOES!!!
It's Shopping time!! The Hampden Village in Baltimore has some cute little shops. We're excited to go!!
What this street needs is a really huge pink flamingo...oh wait! It already has one!
There were a lot of cute shops including Shoes and Chocolate! Does a store get any better than that! I don't think so. It was amazing!
Amanda and I were trying to get out of the smelly lotion shop. sometimes it's just too much. Dave was calling to make sure we'd make it to his evening performance and Art Garfunkle for the ward talent show.
Sunday Seth and Jenni joined us for church in DC. We attended the Washington 2nd ward and ran into great people including Sarah Jenson (old LPer), Jay and Jeff Sparenborg (went to high school together AND they lived in my back yard for a while), plus and old MTC teacher Brother Hall! Plus a half-Asian named Tim who claimed to be friends with Mike and Cyrus...right, like they have friends in DC!
After church we went to see some monuments because Peg has never been. It was also ridiculously cold so I lent Seth my new hat!! Isn't it cute! Seth really wore it well and it also helped to identify him from across the room. My head was freezing though! Vietnam memorial. I always like that. I love how they place photos of people at the base of where their name is found. It's really humbling when you see a photo and the caption says forever 19, 22 or whatever. So many people.

WWII monument we found Massachusetts. We're so excited and FREEZING COLD!!
I love this picture. Peg?
old abe!!
starting to get a tad numb.
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY NIGHT!!!
It's sing-a-long piano style time!!
my family eats this stuff up. and they absolutely LOVE peggy!

I really wish more people could have witnessed these festivities.
My parents can just stare at peggy, I think scott was stunned into amazement as well..."I can't do that!"
Ha ha ha! No you can't Scott.
I think my parents favorite routine of Peg's is her Karen Carpenter singing slightly flat.
My parents were in tears.
I think my favorites are the Burt songs, Elton's select few and any of the big 80's! Little Max had a grand time as well. He's only one of the cutest kids EVER!! He really enjoys playing the piano and leading the music especially. He'll just start waving his arms around. It's awesome.

Piano style started with pretty much All of Burt Bachrach's songs. Thanks Dionne for making many of them popular. We also did some fantastic middle school and high school shout outs including Dust in the Wind, and November Rain.

My parents even sang their own little ditty. From the Music Man, my parents sing a song that we used to request as children. It's still great to see them sing it together. Especially with my dad pretending the song is in the hymn book, turning the pages for words. It's just fun!

7 comments:

ANJ said...

quite an adventure... sad i missed out :(

ju said...

that's it. i'm coming with you next time. just try and stop me!

Linda said...

Julie, I hope you do come!! We'll meet Amber and shop in georgetown!!

Amanda said...

Linda,
that weekend was amazingly fun! I loved that you and Peggy and Jenny and Seth came out here! it was so fun! ♥
<3

The Thomas Family said...

And I missed out too... as usual. I loved the pink flamingo line. You are beautiful, Linda!!

Cheesecake said...

All you were missing was some cheesecake.

Chris Rueckert said...

Be serious, it couldn't have been that much fun without me. Trust me, I know. I've been there before and it prolly was funner. Dave has told me before in confidentiality that I am his #1 vocalist.