Tuesday, July 17, 2007

creepy landlord tale #1

There are many many tales I could tell of my creepy landlord. He's just an odd guy!! So to preface my first official landlord tale I must say that he is a nice guy. He tries to be very helpful and yet not too involved. Overall, not a bad landlord but there's just something about him that makes me avoid him in any way possible. (perhaps it's the way he looks at me and my roommates--poor Devon became his best friend...JUST SAY NO, DEV)

I arrived last night after driving back from Maryland. I found two notes on my kitchen table from my landlord. All of the current tenants are looking to vacate the premises at the end of August and so he wants to get a key so he can show the place to prospective tenants.

Note 1:

Hello Ladies:
1. I had hoped to show someone your apt. yesterday; but, no one was home and I don't have a key--can I get one?
2. It is the 12th and I am still missing one rent check
thanks

(that'd be my new roommate who I've spoken to twice, conversation consisting of Hi, How's it going (me), Hi (her). So don't get me started on that girl).

Note 2:
(received yesterday)
Hello Ladies--
could you leave me a key to your apt to copy or leave the back door open and let me know good times to show the apt. to future tenants
thanks

Reasonable notes considering none of my roommates responded to the first one (i was out of town). I've found from previous experience that he doesn't bother much if you respond when he has a request or concern.

Amazing Creepy part kicks in here...

THIS MORNING 7AM
BANGING on our door. I'm still in bed, I know it's him, and there is NO WAY I'm answering that door. I hear my roommate let him in and then I hear them talking for a LONG time. I understand you need a key dude, but one of us was in the shower, my roommate answered in a bathrobe...I mean, It would have made me angry but I wouldn't have been surprised if he opened my bedroom door. I was watching it carefully!

So my roommate took care of him, BLESS YOU! Now we just need to watch out cuz he could walk in any time (he did once before when our back door was open--that was fun).

***he just knocked on the door and is now inside...

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Landlord = Creepy!

Best thing about me and Rachel's new place?

Landlord owns 98374987 places so I doubt he will freaking care about us.

(Well, I guess that's good AND bad)...

RR said...

Ricki,
Like what is going on with you. I love reading your blog. Its so obvious that your write. How is your family. You must have like a dozen nieces and nephews by now. I can't believe your got your master's degree. Please tell me you've applied for jobs in Washington state or Oregon?? I miss you. Get up here. When can you visit me. The other nice time of the year is like now. So get up here. rachel

Devon said...

Linda--My computer here is so bad that I haven't gotten to read many of your blogs! I'm so glad I was able to read this one and I am so glad that I am thousands of miles away from creepy you know who. What is with the super early morning doorbell rings! I miss you and I can't wait to see you soon! You will still be in Boston? Also, is your email address lindaruekert@gmail.com. In a year of living with you I still have a hard time spelling your last name. Love you.