Monday, July 23, 2007

Martha's Vineyard

Last Saturday I went with a group of friends FOR THE FIRST TIME to Martha's Vineyard!! I was so excited because I'd heard so much about this place and I knew it was going to be an amazing day. Taking pictures has never been a priority for me and this weekend was no exception so I only have a few but here it goes:


Suzy and I got up really early (too early) and left my house at 7:30. We drove down the coast and parked at Woods Hole where we would take the ferry to MV. Suzy and I decided to get some breakfast in the little town and I wish I had a photo of my muffin--pure cake! I think there may have been a berry or two=breakfast! Then we met up with Brenda, Laura and Robin, got on the ferry and were on our way.
I was pretty giddy and just wanted to stare at all the gorgeous houses and boats along the way. I now have big plans for a house on the coast. The summer home. When we got to MV we took a taxi to Edgartown and met up with the other ladies. We found South Beach and proceeded to our beach activity for the next few hours.


Here we have Brenda and Laura at South Beach. The beach was crowded, but the sun was warm and the water refreshingly cool! The waves were so fun to play in--it was amazing!! Then we decided to go to lunch, then rent some bikes and go the SHARKFEST!!! WaHoo!!


So there was this huge Shark catching tournament on MV this weekend. We took the scenic route (not entirely on purpose but totally worth it) and made it through the island to where the sharks were being weighed in. There were so many people and we saw many a shark carcass displayed by the proud competitors. Sick eh?

Our bike adventure was perfect! After the shark extravaganza we decided to bike along the coast (since we somehow went through the middle of the island on our way up the coast) and were able to see the most amazing sunset!!


I love it when you get strangers to take pictures and they have no vision of what works. There was a fabulous little pond and sunset just to the right of Suzy here--hoping for a different angle. Thanks anyway man!


We had to bike back up the coast and return our bikes. We then got back on the ferry to start the trek home. It was such a beautiful day!! I can't wait to go again (when I get a job and have income) and Nantucket (I might need to wait to go there until I have three jobs).

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so hot Linda, "MV" looks like a place I will never live.

Natalie said...

Looks like an amazing weekend! Take advantage...the closest thing i've got is St. George-can you even mention the two in the same sentence? Possibly a bit sac-relig...oh well. The shark fest looked really cool...Have a great week.

Likely said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S.

Are those Heaton girls from Provo?

Linda said...

yes the Heatons were in your old ward I believe. Cool girls!!

Likely said...

Yep, their younger sister was a student of mine and David taught her piano. Laura also played soccer at BYU...

Colleen said...

that shark thing is freaking me out.

Allison said...

i have always wanted to go to martha's vineyard. it looks so beautiful! wish i could have been there.