Sunday, July 29, 2007

Good Things

I'm leaving in the morning to go to the St. Lawrence River in upstate New York to stay at my sisters vacation home. I'm really excited!! So that's a good thing!

My birthday is really soon. I wanted to have a party on Saturday but a church activity has been rescheduled for Saturday and I have guilt about doing something at the same time. The good thing is that I'm choosing to not care about guilt--I'm done with that--and It's OK even if nothing happens for my birthday. I know I'm still special.

I had a new job possibility surface on Friday which sounds really interesting. So I feel hopeful.

I went to a friends birthday dinner tonight and really enjoyed sitting with 10 other women laughing about so many things: dream analysis, horrific clothing we had to wear as children, horrific clothing we chose to wear as teenagers, crazy things our parents did to us as children, and many more wonderful things. It's been a while since I laughed that hard!!

I visit teach some incredible women. Today we had a really interesting conversation about the tribes of Israel. It bounced to so many topics and it was nice to be able to talk about spiritual things. and it's OK to not understand everything!!

The best thing I've been thinking about today is how I can choose. I can choose anything. I choose how I want to feel! I know there may be some who disagree with that, but I stand by it. If something occurs and I feel upset or down about it. I can choose how long I'm going to feel that way, then I can act and do something to change it. And I think this is where the Savior comes in for me. My understanding is that he suffered so I don't have to. He's promised to help me and, again, I have to choose to allow him to.

It's so great to know that I am never stuck. That's a good thing.

6 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Thanks for that, I agree! I'm still working on the whole "choosing how I feel" thing, easier said than done.

Lady Bills said...

by the way, i chose to ignore the fact that there was a ward function and sent the invite out anyway- so we're doing it- even if it's just you and me darling! i didn't wanna go to the stinkin' ward bbq anyway!

Allison said...

yes! you are so great linda! i can always hear you talking when i read your blogs. i had a little chuckle at the being done with caring about guilt. i so wish i could celebrate with you on your birthday!! i love you!

Mary said...

i haven't laughed that hard in so long, linda. just last night eve and i had another huge laugh over your stockholm story. i mean, that's just the most...oh my gosh.

Devon said...

Sorry, this is an email I sent to you that got rejected b/c I don't know your address)

Hi Linda! I'm sorry I have not gotten the chance to email you yet this summer. I'm not even sure that this is your email address, but I am hoping it is. I just wanted to be sure that Mark knows that I won't be living there in the fall. My lease ends on August 31st and I think by law you are required to give your landlord one months notice of not renewing the lease. Anyway, because you are there I just wanted to make sure that he is aware I will not be renewing my lease. Also, tell him that I will be coming up the last week of August to retrieve my furniture and stuff. Thanks so much for your help.

Can't wait to see you,
Devon

Anonymous said...

Linda, this is absolutely precious and so true. You are right and I completely agree with you. Such great insights. Thank you. I love you.