Thursday, February 14, 2008

Confession 2/14

This confession isn't going to be very good but let's see what comes out of my ranting. I was up sick ALL night long. Yes. Gross. Horrible. Exhausting. I decided, however, that I didn't want to take a sick day since I'm taking off Monday. I decided to try to go into work late. PLUS I was supposed to go to the Boston Ballet tonight. They're opening Romeo & Juliet. To make a long story short, I made it to work and fifteen minutes later (ten in the bathroom) was on my way home again. I also called to give up my ticket to the ballet (a tear slowly fell down her face). My confession?

I'm not the superwoman I think I am and sometimes I get sick. I know it's hard to hear, but it's true. Please don't be disappointed in me.

that and my first concert was New Kids On The Block in 4th grade. And HONESTLY, I was never a fan. My friend Valarie just really wanted to go and I really wanted to go to a concert. I remember I wore my Sverige is Fantastik T-shirt and Danny was swinging from the rafters. Really. That's all I remember.


6 comments:

Likely said...

and I adored them and didn't ever get to go.

Shame on you for not liking them. It was your pre-teen late 80's early 90's duty to love them.

did you hear the news by the way?

Linda said...

I've heard some news...not sure what news you are referring to.

Tiff Rueckert said...

My first concert was New Kids on the Block in 5th grade! It was SO amazing! I'm getting teary even thinking that you did not enjoy it! Sad, sad, sad!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! I hope you are back to wonder woman again soon!

What news? Should I know this news too?

The Thomas Family said...

Yeah, T, what's the news??

Linda, I remember that night. I remember you didn't even want to go. I think it was more so that you didn't even like your friend Valerie...
Anyway, I remember it all and I was ticked.

Linda said...

you're right. I didn't like her that much. How sad is that?

Allison said...

i am sorry to hear that you were sick and that you missed the boston ballet. i would have cried too.
i never liked new kids on the block either.