Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lent Confessional Catch-up

I like lent. I am not a catholic, but I think it's a neat idea to go without or give something up for these next few weeks. I was talking to some co-workers the other day about what to give up for lent. I was driving home yesterday, crawling along in terrible traffic, when a BRILLIANT idea came to me. I'm sick of blogging. But I like my blog. For Lent I am going to give up a bit of my pride. I am going to humble myself, take a look at the real me, and offer up a confession a day. Posted right here. On my blog.

As I thought about this, I realized that really this may be the reverse of actually humbling myself, because as I thought about my first few confessions I'd post (I'm a few days behind) I realized that although these are often things I keep to myself, they are also things that I kind of like about me. These are the things that make me cute, unique, likeable even. I really do believe it's our nerdiness that ultimately makes us attractive. That and insane amounts of confidence.

THAT BEING SAID:

Confession 2/6

I have been sucked into Veronica Mars on DVD courtesy of my roommate who received season one for Christmas and when I made fun of her challenged me to try to get through the first few episodes and stop. She wins. I also have to give a shout out to Seth, my VM watching confidant. Sorry I outed you. I'm now half way through season two and loving every second of it. Why is this confession worthy? I'd like people to think that I'm not easily sucked into soap opera like teenage dramas. But I must confess: I'm still in high school mentally. Veronica Rules!!

Confession 2/7

I haven't vacuumed my car since July. It's completely disgusting. I'm repulsed by its filth, yet I do nothing. and I am embarrassed when people get inside. If you have been one of my victims, I apologize. I'll clean it. soon.

Confession 2/8

Today I went to blockbuster near my work with a co-worker. I haven't been to a video store in a while. I left with the latest Amanda Bynes movie. Sidney White. It's a redone Snow White type thing. I watched half of it this afternoon. I love this kind of stuff--not all the time, but I do think it's better then--oh I don't know--27 Dresses. It's much better quality. She IS the man.

Confession 2/9

Sometimes I argue just to argue. I could agree with you and still question your perspective just to mess with you. This is mostly done to people who irritate me. They are also usually the types who get all worked up and crazy like if someone disagrees with them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Sarah-
What a great idea, Linda. This should be fun and hilarious. Feel free to confess something for me so I'm participating in Lent in some way, too.

I have never heard of Veronica Mars... yes, you should clean your car. It will make you feel good.

trentathon said...

hey linda, i never knew you liked to argue. please argue against this

Likely said...

loving this idea. the vacuum one was funniest to me. If it weren't for David I think I would be in the same boat, or worse. I don't think the cars would be washed either. And maybe the toilets wouldn't be as clean. Now I am confessing. This is s funny thing to do.

Whits said...

I am going to start Veronica Mars after I finish the OC. I feel like I'm losing IQ points everytime I watch the OC, but I can't get enough of it.

And I went to blockbuster this week (I still have that year of free blockbuster rentals) and I almost rented Sidney White. Is it worth the time?

Tiff Rueckert said...

I love it when you argue just to argue...because I usually enjoy watching the 'action'! I miss you Linda!

While we are all confessing...I washed my car 3 times LAST WEEK! I am totally obsessive! I guess that is why I married your brother who is too!

miss lena's pie said...

Lindaaaaaa....haha, I wish I could spend more time with you so that I would get to enjoy your nerdiness and insane amounts of confidence!! This is such a great idea. I'm also getting tired of blogging, but like you I still like my blog, so I should come up with a thing too. Im gonna read your other confessions soon. However, I don't know what lent is...I feel like I'm missing an important part of the whole thing here..alcoholfree beer? Soda? A bug? Dust?